Red Lion G306A Compactflash access via ethernet

OkiePC

Lifetime Supporting Member
Okay, I finally got the noise issue under control on my checkweigher project and it is weighing boxes and logging them to compact flash.

When I was testing the PLC hardware and G306A in the lab, I was able to mount the card on my PC via the USB connection and open the csv files.

Now that the machine is out there on the floor, I need to learn how to retrieve those files via the LAN since USB is not available. I can "remote in" to the G3 webpage and remote control the thing, but when I choose "View Logs" I get a 404 error in the browser (IE8). This might be because I am creating custom logs, but I would expect that I should still be able to view the system logs...not sure.

Also, I have read the very short section on FTP in the Crimson manual, but I am not sure how to set that up. I see a FTP enable checkbox and a security setting, so what next? I know what FTP stands for, and that's about the extent of my experience with it, but I have confidence in the forum's ability to educate me!

Thanks,
Paul

Last edited:
I dont know if this is how the RedLion does it, but the AD C More works like this. Enable the ftp server. Then in your web browser address window type FTP://your ip address here. This should access the directory in the HMI.Give it a try:beerchug:

Paul you can use the FTP to log those to a PC for you. I did this on a job and had NON PLC folks (read IT guys) look at those numbers daily

Paul
Enabling the FTP server allows you to manually view and retrieve the files from the card as you have already done. You can also go down the route Jeff mentioned, which would be the SyncManager. This turns the unit into an FTP client and allows you to have the files pushed to a server on a preset time basis.

Thanks
Jeremy