Mitsubishi FXos problem???

Bluemoon

Hi All

I have a mitsubishi FXos-30MR-ES (100-240AC supply version) that went dead after plugging in the SC-09 programming cable while trying to upload the program for back-up purposes. It was plugged in for a few minutes as I was trying to figure out why there was no power, I first thought something had tripped.

Is this the correct cable for this PLC? I dont have much mitsubishi experience but I thought this cable worked for the entire FX range.

I have used it on the FX1s DC supply units that we have without any hassles on the same laptop. Luckily we have a duplicate machine that is not being used at the moment so I took the PLC from there and installed it. I plugged the cable into that one too and it also went off but I quickly removed the cable. This one came back on and is running normally, program is ok as the machine is running as it should be.

On the buggered one...when I removed the SC-09 cable the power light comes back on but it wont go into run mode and the LED for output Y0 stays on. No other LED's come on, even the input LED's dont come on with inputs activated on the machine.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

Sounds like your SC09 cable is buggered mate. It is definately the right cable for the FXos. The "buggered one". PLC that is, is probably stuck in stop mode as you were backing up the PGM and the lead became faulty the PLC would have been in stop mode. I reckon if you can get a good lead and re connect you may be able to turn it back to run. Best of luck Badger.

Thanks for your reply Badger. Thats what I thought was wrong but I went to 2 other PLC's, they are FX1s models, the cable worked perfectly. Back to the FXos model and no joy again. The only difference I notice is that the FXos are AC supplied units and the FX1s that we have are DC units. Thats why I started to think I needed a different cable for them. Replacement unit I get will be a DC model just incase.

Bluemoon, if it a FX0, the old brick type, you need special adapters, a F2-20GF1 adapter unit and a SC03 cable. These things are almost impossible to get nowdays. I have the adapter, but not the cable anymore. Luckily I only have one of those FX0's in the plant and do have a hard copy of the program, so if it goes legs up, I slap in a newer model, probably a FX3

And welcome to the forum

Thanks Brian, it is an old one. I have a copy of the program on our laptop which I think is up to date, not sure though, thats why I was trying to make a backup in the first place. I will order a newer version to replace this buggered one and hope the program is the latest.

Thanks for the help gents.