e900 to a1s comms probs

Ds@Cepha

im having problems connecting a e900 hmi to a mitsubishi a1s PLC, the hmi is downloading from edesigner properly via RS232, however when downloading is conmplete an error message apears on the HMI telling me "SYSTEM ERROR NO PLC port" and the only option it gives me is to restart the HMI, where the same error message appears again. the PLC is connected to the HMI via the apropriate CAB18 RS422 cable. any help would be greatly apreciated.

Haven't seen that error but my best guess is that you haven't set the port to use to communicate with the PLC. Go to Setup / Peripherals / and drag the controller to the RS422 port.

Bryan

have just cracked it, as i have only got one PLC connected at the moment, it was searching for the PLC defined in the second peripheral controller. but thankyou as i wouldnt have found this if i hadnt have looked in that area. (y)