Bad processor ???

jlyons34

I am trying to connect to an allen bradley 1785-L40C15 processor. When I go to "configure drives", I get nothing. At first, I thought that the processor was bad so I replaced it and got the same result. Is it possible that the rack is bad or do I have 2 bad processors.

When I go to "configure drives",.

You mean configure Drivers in linx Correct?

Sounds like there may be a problem with linx that is more likely. Do you have another computer with linx and the correct ports? Do you have another computer you could install linx on just to see if you can obtain comms?

How are you trying to connect? Can you post the .RSP file for this processor? ( zip it first then post)

jlyons34

I do not have a copy of the program and I cannot connect to upload. I am trying to replace the existing program with a new one for a different application.
I am using a serial connection

A couple of ideas:

You havent changed the default settings in RSLinx, so they are 1200 baud etc. Try Autoconfigure.

Ch0 on the CPU is set to RS422 or RS485 via the dip switches.
Check the dip switches, and set to RS232 if necessary. If Ch0 was/is used already, remember to set them back after you are finished uploading.

Your serial port is hooked by another driver. For example the PIC/DH485 driver. Disable that driver, and restart the PC.

I am trying to replace the existing program with a new one for a different application.

in that case, just turn off the processor power and disconnect the battery for about 60 seconds ... that should reset the serial port back to its "out of the box" conditions ... then try the Autoconfigure button in RSLinx for the DF1-RS232 driver ...

then write a new "getting started" test program and download it ...

note that the "out of the box" baud rate will probably come up as 2400 - but you can speed that up under "Channel Configuration" later when you get online ... then you'll probably lose your connection again (since the baud rates won't match anymore) - but another Autoconfigure in RSLinx should get you back online at the new increased speed ...

Last edited: