DH+ Daisychain connection to 1770-KF2 Module

larrybray

Hey,

I need to make a DH+ daisychain connection to a AB 1770-KF2 module that is already connected to a PLC. Does anyone know of a 15pin d sub connector that will accommodate two Belden cables and connect to the KF2 module. I need one that does not involve soldering, as the fire sprinkler system needs to be disabled for soldering.

I've tried two of the Phoenix Contact Subcon 15 range, but cannot get two belden into the terminal blocks.

If I was to use a junction box to join two belden cables and drop off that to the KF2 module, does this constitute a tap/drop link and would it work when combined with daisychain (Rockwell state that the two cannot be mixed)?

Hey,

If I was to use a junction box to join two belden cables and drop off that to the KF2 module, does this constitute a tap/drop link and would it work when combined with daisychain (Rockwell state that the two cannot be mixed)?

As long as the drop is short, say under 10 ft it should not be a problem.

Users mix ordinary daily-chain connections and the 1770-SC station connectors (with 10 to 100 foot drops) frequently.

Unless your wiring system has other problems (star configurations, mis-terminations, noise, etc), adding one station connector won't hurt. I presume you're running at 57.6 kb/s because there is a 1770-KF2 involved.

The 1770-SC is not complex and you can substitute terminal blocks. The 1770-SC was just small, durable, convenient, and included a 0.05 microfarad capacitor to tie the shield to ground.