I need Help ML 1100

pcanis

I have ML 1100, via the RS 232 receives data from a temperature controller, the variable of the current temperature in the string is format HEX, as I can pass this variable to DEC, example the String value is:3C, the value in DEC is 60.
How is possible convert string HEX to DEC?

You need to use a ACI function to convert a string to an integer. Go to your help menu in RS Logix 500 and look up the instruction ACI and it will tell you how it is used.

Basically what you are doing is pulling the ASCII value and converting it into an Integer. It is based on ASCII not the actual HEX value.

Here's a program to illustrate extraction of value from ASCII encoded hex characters. This may take a bit of experimenting but this is the core routine.

After posting the program I thought - I can't test this.
If the original MOV of DATA[0] moves just the first character and not the first two let me know. It becomes at once a little easier and a little more complicated.

Last edited: