Decimal point in Compact Logix 1769 L32 E processor

paul_36

Dear All,

I am using 1769 L32 Processor. I need decimal points or floating point application in my mathematical instructions. I am not able to figure that, can someone help?

Regards,

Paul:unsure:

You need to have a result that is a data type REAL. Also, if you enter direct values with decimal points in them they are considered floating point numbers (REALs).

Keith

When you create a tag you must declare it's properties, use REAL as it's type. Nice that you can create a tag that is "undifined" and then later assign a type. INT, DINT, REAL ect... If using the tag editor you can enter a new tag and the default data type is usually DINT, before you hit the enter key click on the type column and enter REAL.