Profibus error in slaveline

wisesmag

I have an S7 siemens PLC as attached to master external robot. However as soon i start motors of conveyors using drives i recieve a profibus error in slaveline. Can you help as to what might be causing that.

It may be caused by electrical noise. Are the conveyor drives frequency inverters? They can produce some nasty noise. Do they have filters? Is the Profibus screen properly grounded? Connector grounding alone is sometimes not sufficient. The ground impedance through instruments or PLC may be just too much. The screen of the Profibus cable should be connected to a grounding bar when it goes into a cabinet.

You may benefit from having the bus analyzed. Let a Profibus expert have a look. It's amazing what the right man with the right tool can do.

pribus error in slaveline

Yes the drives are hooked up on the profibus and I have got four drives and last one terminated. And i use frequency inverters, am not quite too sure about the filtering if there and if not how do i do the filtration. The vsd's are movitrac b and I am driving SEW motors. I also do suspect electrical noise. gimme me the tricks of removing the noise.

regards

Different grounding configurations of your shield.
Not running the signal close to HV lines.
Crossing other lines at right angles.

Three basic steps really.