Detect Communication Failure between Simatic Multipanel HMI and GE90-30 PLC

JNS

Hi All,
I need to dispaly an alarm whenever communication link between Simatic multipanel HMI and GE90-30 PLC is failed. There is a system event "Connection to PLC interuppted" in the WinCC Flexible which will be displayed when communication is failed but will be dispalyed for few second only on alarm page. This event does not required acknowledgement and will disappear from alarm screen in few seconds.

I need to configure an alarm for "Communication Failure" such that it remains on the screen until somebody acknowledges it.

All the helps and advice are appreciated.

Thanks

snippet from Siemens

It sounds like you want the MP377 to know it has lost the connection to the PLC.

In case you wanted the PLC to know it has lost the connection to the MP377 there is an area pointer for this. You set it up on the Connections - Area Pointer tab. It is called "Coordination" and the 3rd bit is the Life bit: inverted by the HMI device at intervals of approximately one second.

http://www.automation.siemens.com/WW/forum/guests/PostShow.aspx?PostID=60035&60035&Language=en

This solution worked great for me