help me again m still not clear

m having cj1m 12 cpu plc with two 16 i/p cards and four 16 o/p cards then one 8 i/p card CJ1W-AD081-V1. i will use 5 i/ps. i/p will be of 0-10v type and 0-5v type.
Pls help me for complete flow for scaling and reading analog values. how to save those values in memory in PLC. m still stuck on this prob. pls help me out.:unsure: My application is on hold stage bcoz of this. o_O o_O :confused: :confused:

m having cj1m 12 cpu plc with two 16 i/p cards and four 16 o/p cards then one 8 i/p card CJ1W-AD081-V1. i will use 5 i/ps. i/p will be of 0-10v type and 0-5v type.
Pls help me for complete flow for scaling and reading analog values. how to save those values in memory in PLC. m still stuck on this prob. pls help me out.:unsure: My application is on hold stage bcoz of this. o_O o_O :confused: :confused:

This is some pretty simple Omron stuff, so I suggest you find yourself and Omron Integrator there in India - I Googled and found several, you can also speak to Omron there locally and have them recommend someone.

But....I'll give you some pointers here, and some sample code just for the heck of it.

Start your project in CX-Programmer and click on the I/O table. You'll want to enter the modules you are using into the I/O table. I have shown an example that is similar to what you are doing. 2 Input modules(16pt) and 4 output modules (16pt) and one AD081-V1 analog input card set to Unit#0.

iotableconfiganalog.png

What's neat about the "Special I/O" on the Omron, it's address is based ont he "UNIT#" that you set by rotary dipswitch on the front of the card. So it doesn't matter where on your rack the card is located, its addresses won't change.

As you can see in the figure above, the I/O address that the card starts at is CIO2000. For this card, the first analog input converted value will be showing up in CIO2001. We'll see this next.

(There are also some DIP switches that are on the board visible only when you remove the wiring connector from the front of the module. The default for those DIP switches is for Voltage input, so don't worry about changing them.)

You can double click on themodule once it has been inserted into the configuration and configure the module. We'll enable the first 5 inputs (by default they are all disabled). And I have also arbitrarily shown some of them configured for 0-10V and some configured for 0-5 volt. You can pick and choose what you like here. Very easy.

iotableconfig.png

more to come...

..Continuing...

First we need a little bit of code to convert the raw hex input from the input channels CIO2001-CIO2005 to floating point. This makes subsequent math a lot easier. I'm REALLY simplifiying things here, we're not chcecking for disconnected or otherwise invalild inputs (which is recommended).

SCALINGanalog1.png

This just will give us a floating point value in the DM0 for analog input #1, DM2 for analog input#2 and so on... The values will be somewhere between 0-4000.

So below I show two examples of dealing with those values further with some simple scaling. Let's say the first input signal was from an analog ultrasonic level sensor that at 0 Volts the tank is empty (0.00%) and at 10V the tank is full (100.00%). We can scale the A/D into percentage 0-100% simple by dividing by 40.
SCALINGanalog2.png

The second rung above shows how to get kPa from a transducer connected to A/D input #2.

You can download the program here.

There you go, not much more to it than that, good luck with your project & seriously consider getting a systems integrator involved.:)

Paul