does IPS = Hz?

Hi all,

I'm examining a german counting module from IVO, and it lists the max input on the counter as "10.000 ips". I'm thinking this is equivalent to 10 Khz, (iterations per second, instances per second, intervals per second, impulses per second? Whatever happened to Hz?) But I wanted to make sure it wasn't some metric unit I've never heard of before.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

TM

Okie, are you a Ray Stevens fan? Every time I look at your location, I'm reminded of a verse in "Camp Wedahekawe"

30 miles below sea level, where the nights are long
just a bit northeast of nowhere, founded on a swamp

TM

Last edited: