1756 DF1 card

JeffKiper

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I heard a while back that the ControlLogix family would be having a DF1 card soon because the new processors have USB ports. So has anybody seen or heard anything about these cards?

I need to do a multihighway bridge DH+, DH485, & DF1. I want to give this customer something they can use down the road.

daba I was going trrying to keep the cost down.
do you think the Prosoft card could act as a Df1 bridge to a ENBT?

Just had a quick look at the Specs and ADM Developer's Guide (Links on the page I posted), and it is being described as an I/O module. In which case I don't think it will act as a CIP Bridge.

The module supports on-board "C" programs, so it might be worth talking to Prosoft to see if they have implemented a bridge solution....

By my recollection, there was supposed to be a DF1 bridging module that was a sibling to the 1756-DH485 network module when it came out a couple of years ago, but it wasn't built because the demand was mostly filled by ControlLogix serial ports and Prosoft modules.

Your local RA Solution Architect might know more about what's forthcoming; at this time of year most new products are introduced at Automation Fair.

My local guy is usually cosed mouthed about new products. He just now admitted that the MLX 800 is coming out late first quarter 11. It won't hurt to ask though.