Allen Bradley Sequencer

pobs

I have a problem with a sequencer at work which no one can solve so I will give you guys a try.
I am using a micrologix 1200 with a sequencer to turn on 6 outputs (relays) one at a time. It is a simple logics: A timer T4:20 pulses a SQO. The length is 7 using R6:20 with 030FFh mask and the Output is B3:20. When the program is running it turns on the 1st relay for one sec then of for one sec then the next relay on and so on. This program works on 2 other m/c's so I just copy and paste to a new m/c. I can see the SQO pulsing but no output to B3:20. I thought it might be a fault in the unit so I put the program into a working PLC on the bench. Same result I can see it pulsing but no output. I tried changing the mask to 0FFFFh but still no output. Got me beat. I checked the 2 other running m/c's and they are working ok and the program is exactly the same.

just a guess - based on what you've posted so far ...

right-click the SQO and select "Display Special" from the popup menu ... check the "File" area and compare it to one of your "working" SQOs ... chances are that the "bit patterns" in your problem SQO are all still set to ZERO status ...

so ... if my guess is correct, then the SQO is indeed sending information over to B3:20 - but - the information that it's sending just happens to be a series of all ZEROs ... (it's shooting - but it's shooting blanks) ...

smart money says that when you copied and pasted the rungs, you neglected to copy and paste the all-important bit status information too ...

if this isn't your problem, I'd suggest that you post your entire RSS file (you'll have to ZIP it first) ...

and just for kicks - this is probably NOT your problem - but I thought I'd mention it anyway ... your original mask of 030FFh is controlling TEN bits in your Destination - not just the "6 outputs" that you mentioned ... you might want to check that discrepancy out if you have other problems down the road ...

and welcome to the forum ...

Last edited:
Ron

After sending the post I realised that I was probably just sending zero's. Maybe actually writing down the problem jogged the grey matter. I will check it when I get back to work.

Thanks Pobs