Vijeo Multistate Indicator

junior

I'm using Vijeo Designer v5.1 and I'm trying to find a multistate indicator. It doesn't look like there is one. What would be the best way to create one? ie. I want the PLC integer variable to be 1, or 2, or 3, etc...and based on that integer, I display a different message on the touchscreen.

I don't have V5.1 only V4.5 but in my version the multistate display is called a "N-state lamp". I looked it up under the creating lamps section of the help file.

You can use a 'Message Display' for a multi-state indicator - you would also need to create a 'Text Resource' (and possibly 'Colour Resource).

Hope this helps.

Rob

Mess_Disp1.jpg

Thanks guys, I'll look into those options. It could be that Vijeo is using different terminology then I'm used to, so I'm having a hard time finding some of the features.

The N-State Lamp is exactly what I was looking for, the only problem is that it supports only 32 states. I need about 60. Is there anyway to increase this?

Do you have something against the Message Display option? I've just checked and I created a single display with 100 states...validates ok.

Rob

Kidblue, the message display option works very well, you can create up to 256 states, so it's what I'm looking for. The n-state lamp was easier to figure out, but now that I figured out the message display, it's the way to go. The only thing I don't like about the message box is that it's one line or I haven't figure out how to put a carriage return into the text to make 2 lines.

I'm also trying to figure out how to enter values into variables in Twidosuite. For example, I have the integer %MW5 and I want to store the value 30 in it. Is there a way to enter this while creating the program?

I also forgot to ask if there's a way to display a variable in the message display. For example, state 6 I would like the text to display "Coolant Temperature: 80 ºC" where, 80 is an integer variable.

Kidblue, the message display option works very well, you can create up to 256 states, so it's what I'm looking for. The n-state lamp was easier to figure out, but now that I figured out the message display, it's the way to go. The only thing I don't like about the message box is that it's one line or I haven't figure out how to put a carriage return into the text to make 2 lines.

I'm also trying to figure out how to enter values into variables in Twidosuite. For example, I have the integer %MW5 and I want to store the value 30 in it. Is there a way to enter this while creating the program?

If i understand correctly you want to just type in a value from the xbt and it must send it to twido? then all you do is select the data display ico and drag a box. from there enter the variable name (name linked to %mw5). then go to input mode and tick the enable input box. you will have a few option there thats up to you.

You get a carruage return by pressing ctr+enter

vijeo help.jpg

Last edited:
If i understand correctly you want to just type in a value from the xbt and it must send it to twido? then all you do is select the data display ico and drag a box. from there enter the variable name (name linked to %mw5). then go to input mode and tick the enable input box. you will have a few option there thats up to you.

You get a carruage return by pressing ctr+enter

Sorry I kind of confused two issues.
1. I'm trying to figure out how to put a value into a variable in twidosoft only. ie. I have a variable %MW20 and I want it to store the integer 100, so how can I enter it in the programming mode of twidosoft?

2. In Vijeo, when I have a message display with x-number of states, I want to be able to include a variable in one of the state messages. ie. "The Coolant temperature [integer variable] ºC", but I can't figure out what syntax to use in the text to have it display the value on %MW10 in the twido PLC.

Sorry for all the questions, but the Vijeo tutorial that Schneider provides online is very basic and doesn't go into more advanced issues like this.

Thanks for all the help!

1. Dont use twidosoft, it has been replaced with TwidoSuite. This is also a free download.
From my memory in the variable table there is a field for a default value

1. Dont use twidosoft, it has been replaced with TwidoSuite. This is also a free download.

Sorry, my bad, I meant twidosuite, not twidosoft. I get those 2 confused all the time

I'm using TwidoSuite v2.22 and under program & define symbols I only have the fields "Address", "Symbol", & "Comment". I don't see a "default value" field. It's also weird that you can't enter a comment, if the "Symbol" field is empty.

Yes I stand corrected there appears to be no default value
Looks like you will need to use the first scan bit and move the values into the variables within the program