Excel and rsview32 help

stu

Hi Guys
i have a question for you, i have a project in rsview32 which production would like to have a downtime sheet pop up which the operator will fill it out, i am hoping to use excel speedsheet.

is this possible?

You want the spreadsheet that pops up to be in excel, or do you want to write to an excel file?

Last edited:
Stu,

From RSView, there are commands that will start any external program. You could use a RSView tag to run a command to start your Excel spreadsheet. Of course this will not verify that someone actually filled it out.

Once I had to do a sheet to record values from RSView. I did not use Excel, but I set up memory locations in the PLC, and mapped those to blank lines on an RSView menu "sheet" that popped up on the screen. The sheet had instructions, filled-in boxes, and empty boxes to be filled by operators. This sheet had to be done weekly, printed, and sent to a state department. So my PLC only had to have memory spaces for 1 weeks data, then it was cleared and the memory registered recycled for the next week.