Silot simulator

bayeibrahima

Hello everybody.I've downloaded the Logix Pro Simulator and tried to go through" Silot simulator"; but I have some difficulties on a step
When the boat is filled and continue it's way the filling valve is energized as soon as the boat is away from the sensor I/104.I don't happen to unlatch the filling valve till the arrival of the next boat
Please can you indicate me the line I can add to the programm in order to solve my problem.
Excuse my broken English.
Hope to read you soon
Best regards

The best way to get support for this would be:

Take a number of screenshots showing your program and configurations, zip them and post it here.

It will be quite hard to diagnose this issue as there's no way to save/print the code. (I think - although that amy just be the trial version)

If you can save the code or print it as a pdf you'll get alot more help.

Yes you're right, I use the free version of logix pro simulator and there's no way to print the programm I did.As I have no camera, all I can do is to draw the programm on ACAD and send it to you.

JUst use the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard. Open Paint (Microsoft prograM) and press Ctrl +V. Whatever was on the screen when you pressed Print Screen is now in Paint.

silot simulator

Hello everybody see details on attahed doc
here are are details:

I:101= start button (KEY F1 on keyboard)
I:103= sensor that allow the boat to stop and be filled
I:104=level sensor that indicate that the boat is filled
O:100=motor
O:101= fillig valve

NOTICE/ I was away when B Clay posted his thread, thank for this idea

While not the best at ladder one thing seems clear to me.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

But in the first rung it seems that you're double latching your output.

I would swap the latch command with a normal activation. And then change your second rung to a normal off.

Ah yes, the old LogixPro Silo Simulator program rides again! I have worked on it many times. Many versions have been posted here in the past and on the Downloads section.

Please can you indicate me the line I can add to the programm in order to solve my problem.
Bayeibrahima,
Yes I can show you a line that will solve your problem. It will solve it if the rest of your program is set up correctly. Using this Box Full indicator as shown will allow you to run the program at 100% full speed without spilling any material.

By the way, the container is called a "box" in English. I suppose "boat" is what your translater put in, but try BOX and it will make more sense to us.

Silo Rung 4.jpg

Last edited:
silot simulator

OOH Thank you for all
Lancie, I have a very basic level on programming; can you explain better more your programm: for example why do you use a counter on line N°5
According to pdf doc I sent; at what part can I insert your programm
Don't worry I'll use "box" in place of "boat" the next time (laughing)
Hope t read you soon.

Lancie, I have a very basic level on programming; can you explain better more your programm: for example why do you use a counter on line N°5
The Counter is for the Advanced Exercises. You can skip that if you want (the program will work without it, but not as well. Put if in if you want your program to run without spilling one particle of material. The counter allows you to set up an analog control so that you can stop the fill at any point. If you wait for Input I:1/04 Fill Sensor, then at the highest speeds you will overfill the box (unless you use the counter also).

According to pdf doc I sent; at what part can I insert your programm?
Well, let me see. You had 5 rungs (0 to 4). I would insert the rungs I wrote at Rung 4. Replace your Rung 4 with the 4 new ones (Rungs 4, 5, 6 and 7), because you don't need you old Rung 4 anyway. In fact, I do not recommend using any of the Latch and Unlatch instructions in this program. Latching a motor on is for more advanced users. Beginners should stick to instructions that drop out when the power is lost so your motor will stop and stay stopped.

Other suggestions: For your Rungs 0 and 1, replace with one rung with an Output Energize (OTE instructions) for the Conveyor Motor. Yes, I don't recommend using the Latch instruction for motors. Are you sure about the address that you used (O:100)? Last time I looked, the Silo Simulator used Output O:2/0 for the Conveyor Motor.

On Rung 0 left side, you need 3 "input" contacts to control the conveyor motor: an XIC (Examine if Closed) for System Run (O:2/2), followed by a XIO (Examine if Open) for Box Prox Sensor (I:1/3), and on a parallel branch with I:1/3, an XIC for Box Full Indicatior O:2/4.

For your Rungs 2 & 3, Replace with a new Rung 1: Add a blank rung with an OTE (Output Energize) for the Silo Solenoid Valve O:2/1. To control the Silo Solenoid Valve, add 3 instructions: XIC for System Run Mode, XIC for Box Prox Sensor, XIO for Box Full Indicator.

Rung 2: Add a blank rung with an OTE (Output Energize) for the System Run relay O:2/2. Add Stop pusbutton I:1/1, and Start pushbutton I:1/0, and a seal-in contact O:2/2 to hold the System Run relay on when the Start PB is pressed.

Rung 3: Add a blank rung with an OTE (Output Energize) for the Box Filling Indicator O:2/3. Add XIC contact on left side for Solenoid Valve O:2/1 to turn Box Filling Indicator On and Off.

Rungs 4, 5, 6, and 7: As previously shown. That's the whole program! Put it together, run it, study it, then come back and ask me how it works. (y)

Last edited:
silot simulator

Very good lancie; I think I've seen the ladder version of what you described above; let me see this
According to the instructions; it's indeed O:100.I don't know if it's on the version of the PSIM Simulator; or.I have a free downloaded one.Can you tell me where I can sell the paid one.
Once again thank you
Hope to read you soon

Can you tell me where I can sell the paid one.
Bayeibrahima,

I see now that you are using the PSIM Simulator, not the LogixPro Simulator. Do you wish to stick with PSIM, or switch to LogixPro?

You can buy the LogixPro "paid one" here for $30 US:
http://www.thelearningpit.com/

You can download the LogixPro Student Exercises free here:
http://www.thelearningpit.com/lp/doc/index.html

Your PSIM version should look like this. Use the labels below the lines.

PSIM SILO.jpg

Last edited:
In Rung 0, the I:103 instruction should be XIO, not XIC. See below. This shows the program operating in LogixPro, not PSIM. The Start and Stop buttons are reversed between the two programs and the Outputs are in Slot 2 instead of 1, but other than that, the PSIM version runs on LogixPro also.

PSIM SILO-operating.jpg

Last edited:
silot simulator

Hello lancie
Finally,after reading your indication; I've happened to make a programm similar of the one you've named "PSIM Simulator operating" (but without the Standby output).But there's a small problem:a certain quantity of material drops after the box is full (anyway the process continue) so that after a certain time the process is stopped and I have a message as:"Plant is closed for cleanup".I remember you told me about a counter , how can I use a counter in order to avoid material dropping
Accordng to Logix pro and PSIM Simulator, which one is more advanced
Hope to read you soon.Best regards

Bayeibrahima,

1. First, check your Rung 001 (the one for the Solenoid Output). It should have 4 instructions on the left side. An important one that is sometimes left off of this Rung is the Box Full Indicatior (O:104 in PSIM). Without this instruction to hold the solenoid off until the Box Photoswitch no longer sees the box, then a small amount of material is spilled.

2. Actually, even if you have the above instructions, if you run at full speed (in LogixPro you can set the speed of the conveyor), then a small amount will spill (box will overfill at times, or some will fall off as if bumps at the end of the conveyor. That is where the counter is useful to set the fill level of the box so that is does not fill too full. See my earlier post for Rungs 4, 5, 6 that shows how to add the Counter C5:0 to set the level of the box. You can set the Counter to count 0 to 100, but set the Comparison instruction (GEQ is Greater Than or Equal T0) on Rung 4 Source A = C5:0/PRE, and Source B = 77. 77 is the level where the box is "not too full, but full enough".

LogixPro is more advanced (and easier to use) than the PSIM program. LogixPro allows you to add text symbols so that you know what each instruction is for, and also you can add rung comments. LogixPro runs in the Windows operating system, where PSIM only runs in the old DOS or a DOS emulator.

Last edited:
silot simulator

Hello Lancie
The programm works without the Counter:I have added an XIC Contact of O:104 (the output you mentioned) on the rung of O:101 output (solenoid valve)
The process behave as wanted (no material drop and the solenoid valve is kept off untill the arrival of the next box).Thank you
I would like to know if the Animation screen exist on Logix pro? (as it exist on PSIM Simulator).What model of plcs are used with Logix Pro?
Hope to read you soon.Best regards