Panel Mate 1700 & CLX

Tawfiq

Hellow Gents

I Have Planel Mate 1700 ( Cutler Hammer) and Control Logix contrlooer 1756-L61 (Rockwell).
Can I configure Panel mate to Write/Read To/From CLX data base? how?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.
🔨

What network protocol is the PanelView using ?

In general, older devices can communicate with ControlLogix using the "Map PLC/SLC Messages" feature configured in RSLogix 5000 where each Data File Number (3, 7, 8, etc) is "mapped" to a ControlLogix INT[x] or REAL[x] array tag.

Only Binary, Integer, and Float(Real) data files may be used in this fashion.

My recollection of the PanelMate Power Series 1700 is that it is an older platform, about 10-15 years old. Is this correct, or is that still a product under current development by Cutler-Hammer ?

Thanks Ken, but I still need replacement for BTR and BTW instructinos, since Control logix software, haven't these two instructions.
How to Transfer / Recieve data to / from Panel mate?
Panel Mate will be configured as RIO rack at CLX via 1756-DHRIO scanner.
Discrete inputs and outputs could be programed at control logix software, but Data transmission still not clear

any Help

Regards.

Since you were using RIO communication, you must have the A/B Accelerat On card? It will also support the DH+ protocol. You simply must load the DH+ driver for it when you download your new configuration. This would be much simpler than RIO, I am sure. I have never used a PanelMate with a Logix CPU, so I don't know about native tag addressing, but I would expect that you can use the Map PLC/SLC addressing to get it done.