recipe saving?

jcraft

We have a machine in the facility running a GE 90-30 rack. connecting to the rack is a standard desktop PC with a 15" display running Cimplicity HMI software. THe machine program and Cimplicity program have been in place and operational for many years. I don't have any experience with writing/programming any recipes in Cimplicity. I basically provide troubleshooting as needed. Here is the issue,the operators usually enter recipe data on the machine screem HMI at the beginning of part runs. over the weekends the machine power is shutdown however the computer and PLC stay powered up. In any event this morning the power due to a utility issue went down and the entire facilty went out for 10 minutes or so. When the machine was powered back up all recipe information that was in the HMI was gone and all needed to be re-entered. Was wondering at this point how axactly recipes are stored in the HMI and how would they be lost. I don't run the machine but I beleive there is a button on the recipe screen that says save to a file. MAybe someone didn't save them last time they were entered. Any other thoughts what would cause this. Thanks for the help.

Just a quick reply with little detail.

There is an option in Cimplicity called "Saved Point Storage". You can enable it to save all point data at project shutdown. This assumes that the project is shutdown properly. It does take some space to utilize, but any current point information is written and (I think) retrieved when the project restarts.

Otherwise, I would consider an autosave or forced save. Don't apply any of the entered recipe until the user clicks save.