G3 database upload

JeffKiper

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I have created a data tags that are retentive.
Can I pull them out of a G3 and edit them in a Excel, Wordpad,etc.? I want to test out a sort function that I have. I also have about 100+ known variables that need to be entered

Export tag database, edit (opens with excel), save csv , import tag database. Although the tags are retentive, that only means they remember their value on power up. The values themselves are not saved in the database. Use the program section to declare what the tag values should be (set read when referenced)and on "page setup" choose the run at startup option eg. Run (Program1)

Exporting to a speardsheet is my prefered method of editing the properties of my tags.

Hint: Create a tag exactly like you want then export to see how that information is displayed in the spreadsheet. This a real handy way to adjust the properties of the tag (color,font, etc..).