AB PLC Programming RSLogix500

Forrest

This is my first time to use AB Programming Software RSLogix500. My version is V6.30. I tried to start a new program with MicroLogix 1100 but I didn't find this CPU type. Should I need to upgrade my RSLogix 500? what is the current version now? and how can I upgrade my version, buy a new one or download the updates file? Please help.

Forrest, for the 10 point Micrologix 1000 and Micrologix 1100 there is a free version of RSLogix500 software available for download. It will do only those two PLCs. If you are using any others I recommend you upgrade. A tech-connect support contract with internet only support is pretty inexpensive and it will get you the upgrade.

Forrest, for the 10 point Micrologix 1000 and Micrologix 1100 there is a free version of RSLogix500 software available for download. It will do only those two PLCs. If you are using any others I recommend you upgrade. A tech-connect support contract with internet only support is pretty inexpensive and it will get you the upgrade.

I think the free version will also do the micro 1400

I think I have to upgrade my version because my project may have over 20 I/O points.

But, there are 3 versions, starter, standard and professional. I am not sure which one is suitable for my application. My PLC should be able to commounicate with the existing system using EtherNet/IP, then is there any different between standard and professional?

Last edited:
The free version will still work for you as it will allow you to add expansion modules to the 1100 in your program.

oh.. then that's meant I don't have to buy or upgrade my existing version. I can use the free version even my project need 20 I/O.

but.. I have already ask my company to buy a new version... anyway it can be used in future project.

The free version will still work for you as it will allow you to add expansion modules to the 1100 in your program.