plc 5 1771-OAD

KEN_KACEL

We have installed a new 1771-OAD output card in slot 6 of a 16slot rack. The active light on the card will not come on .
There is power to the card. The rack is an 1771-A4B(16 slots).
Its has been alot of years between the 5 and 5000. Any clue as to why the active light will not come on?

We have installed a new 1771-OAD output card in slot 6 of a 16slot rack. The active light on the card will not come on .
There is power to the card. The rack is an 1771-A4B(16 slots).
Its has been alot of years between the 5 and 5000. Any clue as to why the active light will not come on?

Is it programmed?
Do you have your block transfer to the card configured and enabled?
Is the block transfer successful?

I'm pretty sure the OAD is a 16pt 120vac output card so there are no block xfers required. Is there 120V wired to one of the top 4 terminals with the neutral on the bottom? It is slot 6 of the PLC resident chassis?
The PLC5 IO datatable is set in stone so you can go to O:006/0 in the datatable an set to a 1 and measure the output(assuming there's nothing over writing it).
do you have another card to try?

I'm pretty sure the OAD is a 16pt 120vac output card so there are no block xfers required. Is there 120V wired to one of the top 4 terminals with the neutral on the bottom? It is slot 6 of the PLC resident chassis?
The PLC5 IO datatable is set in stone so you can go to O:006/0 in the datatable an set to a 1 and measure the output(assuming there's nothing over writing it).
do you have another card to try?

Oops, I read that as an OFE card.
You're right, it's a digital card, so it shouldn't require any special setup.

Talked with tech support and they told me it might be the card, power supply, or rack. We are trying the card in another rack to eliminate the card. The card is new, but you never know. I think the active light comes on regardless of which slot its in, only that a program exists and it is in RUN. I am thinking backplane, it is a corrosive enviornment and a trace could get eaten by the salt. The inputs cards all work, though. Hard to find this one. We put a 17771-OD and it also did not have an active light, slot 7. 2 bad new cards...I doubt it?