AB plc connection dropping

macgioo2

Hi guys,

I have connected my virtual xp machine which is mounted on a windows 7 dell vostro to an allen-bradley control logix plc over ethernet. This is an old system I worked on before and was completely reliable with my previous pc.

But now its losing the connection to the plc every few minutes stating something about the data in the controller not being the same.

I have changed cables but that hasn't helped, I even put it on the network to see if something would change but still the same.

Does any one know what the problem is?

Turns out that the virtual xp machine was the problem here as when run with an actual xp machine there were no problems.

The solution was to use VMware as opposed to the virtual machine this worked fine!