1756 dhrio/e

Sponcho

Hello guys I do have the same problem. my rslinx and Rsnetwork recognize the DHRIO/E but in my CLX I'm not able to select in the I/O config Series E, thus it shows a missmatch error.

Im using this DHRIO to talk with a FLEX IO and also for messages between CLX and PLC5 plcs Any ideas?... I also tried to downgrade the firmware to series D but not luck..

Series E and Series D are different hardware; you cannot turn a Series E into a Series D.

If your version of RSLogix 5000 does not allow you to select the correct Major Revision of a module, the recommended procedure is to select the highest revision that is available, and to first try Compatible Keying and then Disable Keying.

Never use Disable Keying in a food/pharmaceutical, Redundant, or safety-related system; such systems require exact firmware matches and therefore exact hardware matches.

Yes This card is for Steel industry and cannot risk to have an error in the Logix. If I select the Series D, it shows an error even if I disable the keying option. I'm running CLX version 17 and don't understand why it doesnt show the DHRIO Series E card. I even download the EDS files so in the RSLINX and RSNETWORKS looks ok. The ClX recognizes the card but doesn't give me the option.

If you have a DH+ channel on a 1756-DHRIO that is in the I/O tree, there will always be a nuisance connection error for that channel. But that's not an identity error.

Post the exact text of the error code and what effect it has on your system.

Ken Roach thanks for your answer I really appreciate it.
Look this is what appears.

moz-screenshot.png
Error: Internal State 16#0134 unknown
Configured: Yes
Owned: NO
Module identity: Mismatch

Now, I dont have the Flex IO with me since it is on Site and I'm only in the Office. But tomorrow I'm gonna try to connect a PLC5 and see if I can read via DH+.

Also dont know anything about the Switches in the Card but will take a look at that tomorrow.

I also Disable Keying so it can work and now is letting me have access to the Channel B Status Link

Channel A is set for DH+
Channel B is set as RIO (for the FLEX IO 1794-ASB)

Ken Roach thanks for your answer I really appreciate it.
Look this is what appears.

moz-screenshot.png
Error: Internal State 16#0134 unknown
Configured: Yes
Owned: NO
Module identity: Mismatch

Now, I dont have the Flex IO with me since it is on Site and I'm only in the Office. But tomorrow I'm gonna try to connect a PLC5 and see if I can read via DH+.

Also dont know anything about the Switches in the Card but will take a look at that tomorrow.

I also Disable Keying so it can work and now is letting me have access to the Channel B Status Link

Channel A is set for DH+
Channel B is set as RIO (for the FLEX IO 1794-ASB)

Your image did not load properly, try it again, and do a Preview Post to make sure it worked.

Stu......

This is the image showing that my CLX doesnt allow me to add a Series E module causing a missmatch. Tomorrow I will continue with some more tests and with a PLC5 to see if I can read from it.

only D.JPG

Fellows, I was able to communicate between the CLX and PLC5 via DH+. Just got some trouble with dipswitches and the wiring since you need to swap them. Any ways the DHRIO is working ok I just need to add the FLEX IO and see if it works on Channel B.

Now do you know if ANY PLC5 can talk DH+, because another friend tols me that he need to upgrade them to enable MULTIHOP. I think multihop is just for ETHERNET correct?

Thanks