Factory talk

pcsparks

Hi.
I have factory talk view studio ME and I am trying to upload from a panelviewplus 1000 via ethernet but I cant seem to find the IP number. I have set up an ethernet driver in RS links classic gateway but nothing will work.
Can I upload and if so what am I doing wrong Please.
Thank you for any help.

You should be able to use the serial port to upload/download or you could go into the the PV+ configuration screen and then navigate to see what the IP is of the unit.
I don't remember the exact step on how to navigate to the config screen during a reboot of the panel. I'll search and if I loacte the steps I'll post back.

Hope this helps

Here is a thread talking about getting to the config screen
Edit...http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=43216

Last edited:
Although seeing it in RSLinx helps you know that the connection is there, it is not necessary for RSLinx to be configured to see it. You need RSLinx Enterprise to see it.

What is your IP address?
What is the PanelView's IP address?
What is the subnet mask for both?

There are other ways to get the application out of the PanelView, but I'd stay on course and try to get it via Ethernet for learning's sake.

Hi pcsparks,
Here are the steps:
  • Open your ME Transfer Utility
  • Select storage type i.e. Internal Storage
  • Select the Source file
  • Tick Upload as (you can create any file name as you want)
  • Then, your Destination folder
  • Browse the IP Add of the PV you want to upload on the “Select source terminal"
If you cannot find the IP Add of the device the reason as follows:
  • Check the IP ADD of your PC/Laptop, make sure that the first 3 numbers separated by periods is the same, the last numbers should be unique.
  • If the first 3 numbers separated by periods is not the same you need to change it by going to the LAN and do the appropriate changes as mention
  • After doing so you have to re-start you PC/Laptop
  • Then start all over again the steps mentioned above
Hope this helps.
Don