Need assistance in converting .PRW File to .MEM

RickM

Hi all,

I'm in the process of replacing a damaged Pro-Face nit (GP270-LG21-24VP). I have a replacement unit (same model and manufactured in same month 02/98).

Here's the rub...

1) I had a PLC tech come to address a PLC power supply issue. Long story short, one side effect of the Power Supply problem was killing the Pro-face Quick Panel. We tried backing-up the config file from the damaged Pro-face unit and were unsuccessful. We used GPmnt30.exe PC Transfer tool software provided by Digital/Pro-face. I'm thinking the techs cable is not compatible as it's designed for PLC communication. I also think that the damaged unit may too far gone to extract any info from with or without the proper cable.

2) I have what appears to be the last config file saved to disc in .PRW format. However, I need to covert to .MEM in order to upload (restore) to the replacement unit. Unfortunately the very helpful tech @ Pro-face needed the same unit to do the conversion..

So, can anyone here help me out by converting from the .PRW format to .MEM format? If so, please Email me and I'll send the file.

I'll have the proper cable overnighted so I can attack first thing in the morn....our machinery has been down since Saturday. Not good.

BTW, I think the software tool used in the past was GP Pro and not the current GP PRO EX. FWIU, there's a compatibility issue if converted with the wrong software.

THANKS to all for taking the time to read this.

Best regards,

Rick

I've had a few dealings with Proface. And from what I remember the format to open with teh GP Pro software is .PRW. You should be able to open it with the software and download to the new HMI. Also if I recall I had to use tcp/ip to download it but it communicated with the plc on a special serial cable.

Thanks for the reply Robo.

I was able to locate the transfer/interface cable (only 1 distribution in CA had these in stock). I had it overnighted for delivery this morning.

I connected to the damaged GP270 and was successful in downloading the configuration (.MEM) file. I'm still not 100% clear on how to convert the PRW over to a MEM file. I think the newer panels will accept this file but not the older models.

I'm going to search out the software for the display design (Quickdesigner?) and the GP Pro 03 software. Seems they're NLA but I'm sure I'll be able to dig up somewhere. If anyone has leads feel free to let me know.

Thanks again!