Question about OMRON NT620C PT

gdsmith2385

I'm trying to work with an OMRON NT620C touch panel. When I power it up it comes up with a message: "No direct information is set! Please use the Support Tool to set the PT Control Area and the PT Notify Area." I have the Support Tool software but when I try to connect, it times out. I have been able to connect to reload the System Program, but it still comes up with the same message. Also, I cannot access the System Menu. The touch panel does not respond when I touch any of the corners, in any combination or sequence. I would appreciate any help.

I'm trying to work with an OMRON NT620C touch panel. When I power it up it comes up with a message: "No direct information is set! Please use the Support Tool to set the PT Control Area and the PT Notify Area." I have the Support Tool software but when I try to connect, it times out. I have been able to connect to reload the System Program, but it still comes up with the same message. Also, I cannot access the System Menu. The touch panel does not respond when I touch any of the corners, in any combination or sequence. I would appreciate any help.

This Error tells you that no Addresses have been set for the PT Control and PT Notify Area. You need to assign these in your Project. Also, make sure you assign a valid Startup Screen in your Project.

To access the System Menu, you push two corners at the same time. I found it works better to rub back and forth at the corners. If this doesn't work, there may be a problem with the PT.

Download the Manual from Omron, it is V033-E1-4.

http://www.omron247.com

You might have to register to get some Manuals.

Stu.....

Have you tried to power up the unit while the upper 2 corners are blocked? It seems like this was like a backdoor in to one of these and was not in the manual? Not sure of the model HMI but it was 12 plus yrs ago.