S7-communication

natcheappan

Hi
i want to communicate between several S7 plcs.
for instance
S7-300 to s7-300
s7-400 to s7-400
s7-400 to s7-300
i would like to know better ways for establishing the communication via ethernet.
any example programs or online references will be useful to understand

regards
Nachi

Hi
i want to communicate between several S7 plcs.
for instance
S7-300 to s7-300
s7-400 to s7-400
s7-400 to s7-300
i would like to know better ways for establishing the communication via ethernet.
any example programs or online references will be useful to understand

regards
Nachi

i will use GET and PUT functions for communication.
S7 connection in chosen in Netpro.
for reference purpose i went to siemens documents.
my question is whether in the parameter ID of GET FB, we have to mention the local plc id of the remote plc id.
if we have to use the local plc id, then how the system will know from which plc it has to get the data.
could anyone clarify this for me.

regards
Nachi

NetPro

i will use GET and PUT functions for communication.
S7 connection in chosen in Netpro.
for reference purpose i went to siemens documents.
my question is whether in the parameter ID of GET FB, we have to mention the local plc id of the remote plc id.
if we have to use the local plc id, then how the system will know from which plc it has to get the data.
could anyone clarify this for me.

regards
Nachi

After you've created an S7 connection in NetPro, you click on the CPU (in NetPro) and you'll get a list at the bottom of the screen with that CPU's connections. In that table you can read out the "Local ID" for each connetion you've made.

Regards
/Daniel