Ge versamax plc

Trying to use Versamax Pro to monitor a G.E.Versamax plc but can not get the computer to show active contacts, tried doing what the help function says but the computer does not show active contacts in real time, any idea what's wrong??

I suspect that the software shows "Logic Not Equal" on the lower status bar. In some cases one must download to the processor before this will be listed as "Logic Equal" and show active content.
If you would give us more accurate and detailed information, you will likely get better and more informative answers.

Last edited:
Uh... if your logic is not equal and its a running process, don't download.
Upload.

It's very important you understand the difference.

Uh... if your logic is not equal and its a running process, don't download.
Upload.

It's very important you understand the difference.
In the GEIP world and using Proficy ME or VersaPro software, one can upload to get the current running program, however if the original was enterd into the processor with a different software package or a different version of the same package there is only one way to make "Logic Equal" that is to download. This is what I refer to as "in some cases".

Last edited:
In which case you would overwrite logic that is running the machine with logic that is unknown to be compatible with the running process.

Sorry to have confused you Paul_B. There are times when I forget that not everyone thinks "logically". I have this faulty general assumption that people who work with PLCs know "Logically" when to upload and when NOT to download, this without written instructions.
BTW, I also believe that those without this should be looking to other fields for careers.