Message between DH+ networks

kabooza

Hello dudes, how are you ?

I am having difficulties sending a message between 2 plcs over DH+. Its between a ControlLogix5000 and a PLC5. I show you the details in the figure attached. I am a begginer so this network is highly complicated for me. I am having trouble with the path in the message instruction. Any suggestion you have will be welcomed !

Fran

example1.jpg

Hi Fran,

Here's a simplistic view of setting a path.....

All path specs come in pairs - Port,Destination
The Backplane port of a module is always 1
Front ports are numbered sequentially, so a DHRIO port A = 2 etc.

I believe the path you need is....

Explanation.....

1,2 =
From the source module exit the backplane port and go to slot 2 (The DHRIO module).

2,0 = From the DHRIO, exit port A, to node 0.

1,5 = Exit the DHRIO to the Backplane, destination DHRIO module in slot 5.

2,4 = Exit port A, to node address 4.

HTH

P.S. As you enter the path, valid destinations will be echoed under the entry box, and any part of it that exists in the I/O configuration will be automatically replaced by the name given to that module.

Last edited:
Hello again!

I configured the path like you said but it gives me this error:

IOI Syntax Error

BTW i changed the last 2 numbers of the path because i also changed the target PLC. Now the target PLC is shown in the new figure.

The path i tried was: 1,0,2,0,1,5,2,8#30,1,0

On the Message configurations tab i put CIP Data Table Write, and created a tag in the destination PLC with the same name that the sending tag. :sick:

Thanks

Example2.jpg

The IOI Syntax Error is usually forthcoming because the data you are sending (or reading) is of different, size, data-type, or the target tag or data-table address doesn't exist.

Also, make sure the target tag in your ControlLogix processor is in the Controller Tag database, not a Program Tag database.

Last edited: