MP377 losing recipes

mangletech

Morning All

I'm due to visit an installation in Pakistan next week to finish off a snagging list, the only snag which is bothering me is that an MP377 is occasionally losing its recipes when powered off
The complete installation is running off a UPS protected supply to protect against random power cuts etc
any ideas where to start investigatng the recipe problem?

many thanks

Neil B

Dear mangletech,

I think you are running WinCC Flexible and using the Recipe feature.
I don't know exactly how it has been implemented but if you store all the recipes in the DB or retentive memory areas of the PLC rather than the MP377 it will be retained.
Anyways I am located in Karachi, Pakistan and can check it out if your subject installation is close by.

best regards,
M.HAMZA

HI

Thanks for your kind offer to check out the installlation, i'm booked on a flight tommorow morning from London to lahore

The recipes are stored in the operating system of the MP377, and sent down to the asigned tag, DB12.DBWxxx
As this is a random problem, associated with power being cycled, I'm thinking its a problem withing the operating system of the Mp screen itself

I'll have more information in a few days time, when I'm on the site and looking at the problem 1st hand

best regards

Neil B

Hi Jesper

I was going to copy and paste the storage path, but now for some strange reason I am unbale to view the properties of any function or display on the WINCC project....and just checked another project, the same problem, hmmmmm puzzled

many thanks
Neil B

Dear mangletech,
I hope you are able to resolve the issue.
Since Lahore is like 1200kms from where I am. you are welcome to send me a PM and I can talk to you in case you need any thing.

Best regards,
M.HAMZA

Hi
Thank you for kind words of assitance Hamza
I'm currently in Abu Dhabi international airport waiting for a flight

Please find attached sceen dumps of the export and retreive commands used to save to SD card

I have an SD card in my camera, which i will try in the MP screen, unfortunalty I could not get my hands on a spare screen in time(n)

Hopefully I can get some more useful infor when i arrive there int he morning

best regards

Neil B

exportdata.jpg importdata.jpg

Evening All

Got to site this morning, cycled power more times that i bothered to count....ok, i ran out of fingers and toes!!! unable to get the screen to lose its recipes...;)

managed to get most other items on the snag lift fixed :p

hopefully i can sleep at nights again

many thanks

Neil B