SSR help

mvaughan

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am using 4-20ma adjustable phase angle relays (SSR) to control heat to a bag cut off unit (hot wire). We just set a constant level and let it run. 6 months after putting the relays into production I am starting to encounter problems. The power runs thru the phase angle relay first and when the machine calls for the cut a second SSR allows the power to pass to the cut off wire for a timed interval. For some reason now when we start up the machines the units will not cut. The floor guys will use an incandescent light bulb to test the output of the phase angle SSR to visually see the power being allowed to pass. After this test everything starts to work correctly. This is starting to happen more and more all the time, and now to the point that some of the guys will just check the output before starting the machine. I am at a loss any help or ideas would be appreciated o_O

Thanks guys!!