ProWORX32 Training/Tutorials

jlc

Hi,

I am new to PLC programming and I will be maintaining a Modicon 984 PLC. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get my hands on the actual PLC yet so I have been training myself in ladder logic on simulators. The first one I found is LogixPro at TheLearningPit, which has helped a great deal. Of course, it isn't applicable to a Modicon line but at least it helped me understand Ladder Logic. I also downloaded a copy of ProWORX NxT but it wasn't much use because I didn't have the PLC.

I now have a trial copy of ProWORX32, which has an emulator/simulator included and is the correct software for the Modicon line. But, I've worked with it and read as much of the manuals I can and all I can say is that I am out to sea as to how to use the emulator. The Schneider website hasn't been much help -- they just referred me to local distributors for training. I've got calls in to all of them about the training but they haven't gotten back to me yet.

Does anyone know where I can get training/tutorials (preferably online) on ProWORX32?

Proworx32 has just been released, so I don't think any one has had time to create independent training yet. I believe anything you find for PLCs and Proworx NxT should still be applicable to Proworx32 (of course how it interacts with your PC may be different).
Schneider Electric has always tried to maintain their 984 ladder logic commands and programming methods. This has resulted in a very consistent, if not old-fashioned, feel to their software. What you learned 10 years ago is still valid even on new platforms (if you want new and improved then you have to use Concept instead of 984 ladder).

Jim,

You are right about ProWORX32 being so new that there isn't any official training available yet. Since that is the case, I figured that training for NxT would help me with 32 and I started a web search for NxT training. Unfortunately, it looks like most of the training sites are in the Northeast although I did find one place fairly close that offered classes that I just missed. :(

I'm not sure that I need an official seminar anyway, although I'm sure it would be useful. I've used a lot of IDEs and I just need somone to step me through the basics. Luckily, I managed to contact a SquareD automation representative who said that he could help me get started. But, I'm still looking for classes so if you, or anyone else, knows of any places in the Southeast that will be offering training on 32/NxT fairly soon please let me know.

Technique Training based in the UK offer on line training courses for all the modicon range and for the software you require. These courses are based on course notes and a series of on line one to one web chats. Take a look at www.techniquetraining.co.uk

Jill,
I'm offering my personal tutoring services.
If you have any specific questions about NXT just
ask.