PLC 5 4-20 Ma scaling

The Plc Kid

Can someone help woth some plc 5 scaling. I have never done a analog like this in plc 5. It is a 1746-NI4 module in a slc chasis that is RIO for the plc 5.

I have the value coming in to a integer file via block transfer but now i am stuck. How would i go about scaling this using math instructions or a compute?

Min is 0 and max is 4000

Is there anything different when doing raw scaling in the plc 5 like this? Can it be done the same way i would use math instrcutions in slc?

Analog card Counts 4 to 20 mA 3,277 to 16,384 for the module in question but it is a slc module being read by plc 5 so would my inputs min still be 3,277 raw and max still be 16,384 raw in the plc 5?

sounds like you have a number in one box which ranges from 3277 to 16384 ...

and ...

you want to put the number into another box with a range from 0 to 4000 ...

try this ...

slc_plc_scaling.JPG

Last edited: