GE Fanuc 90/30 analog input

keving9

I'm trying to configure a 16 input analog input card (IC693ALG223) to work with a CPU 331. When I try to store the configuration to the PLC, I get the message:"(S45)Configured CPU model does not match model in attached PLC". If I remove the analog input card from the configuration it stores OK. I'm using LM90 software ver.9.05. Can anyone help?

Are you sure all you're deleting is the analog module?

What address are you trying to assign to the analog module? Logicmaster will try to assign the next highest %AI address, but if the range exceeds the maximum for a CPU331 (maximum 128 %AI), that might trigger the message you're seeing. Except I'd expect to see a warning about an invalid configuration.

Yes the ai module is the only thing I'm deleting. I have this on the bench and put it in slot 2. The software assigned it to %AI0001.

Are you starting a new configuration or simply adding the analog input module to an existing one? The reason I ask is that when you start a new configuration LM90 defaults to a CPU331 in a ten-slot rack. Do you actually have a CPU331 in the rack or is it a different model?

I don't have an ALG223 module but I do have an ALG222 which is a voltage input instead of current. I was able to download a configuration file that includes an ALG222 in slot 2 to a CPU331.

I'm in my office this afternoon. If you want to, send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you my telephone number and I can try to walk you through the process.

It's a new configuration. I have CPU331 in a ten slot rack. I tried putting in a digital input card and it works fine. Thanks for the offer for help. I've been called away. Possibly we can connect next week.
Thanks.