Step 7 Puzzle

L D[AR2P#0.0]

Lifetime Supporting Member
The following Step7 (V5.4) project has been run using PLCSIM and causes Q0.0 to flash.
Which block(s) are responsible for the flashing of Q0.0 ?
(Answers by PM please)

There is more to discover. Open OB35 and save it (thus removing the hidden code) then download OB35....

Hi

Have worked out how expose the hidden code. But still have no idea how it is hidden in the first place??

Jon

Does this also work when you uploaded the blocks?

EDIT: yay I gave L D more info for nice puzzles.... :D

Last edited:
Lol…every time I’ve worked on a S7 program I thought someone was hiding code…now I know who it was.

Hi LD

If the project is opened online and FC1 is deleted out, online, the OB35 is opened and Call, BLD 7, BLD 8 and End Call are commented out and the project is then up loaded the hidden code can then be seen off line. OB35 off line and online do not now match. Online shows the commented out code and as replicated it uncommented?? Down loading OB35 gets rid of the replicated code and still allows the code to function.

Still not sure why there is a difference in downloading OB35 when the block is open as opposed to downloading form S7 Manager. Also looking at the help file for BLD how did you know to use 7 & 8??

Jon