comms problem with micorlogix 1200 and plus 700

lstacys

after going online with a micrologix 1200 It will no longer communicate with the panelview plus 700. I powered it down went online and backed up the program. after hooking the panel view back up it will no longer communicate. I did forget and use the same cable I had hooked up to the laptop before I remembered the cables are different when hooking it up to the panel view. I switched them back but no comms. The channel one light on the 1200 is flashing and the dcom light is on. No settings have been changed that I know of. first time I have ever touched this machine and processor.

any ideas?

The full code number is needed for the PanelView 700 so we can assist you. ?
Also it may also help if we know the code of the MicroLogix 1200.

Now on the MicroLogix 1200 by the DCOMM light is a small button that changes the Comms of the MiroLogix 1200 if the serial port is set for two different comms protocols, if you answer the first question we will know for sure.