Help For A complete Beginner?

Leonardo_2010

Hi There,

Wonder is someone could help me please? I have virtually no PLC experience and therefore am a little bit stuck here. I have a Panasonic FPX and the programme in it is wrong. I do have the correct version of the programme and also FPWIN to download it.

I have also two recipe programmes as well to download. Normally I get another company to download this into the PLC, but the chap is away on holiday and I really neeed to get this thing downloaded. Could someone please tell me how to completely reset the PLC. and also then when I download the programme, do I put the main programme in, followed by the recipies or is it the other way round? do I need to change the switch to prog mode on the front of the PLC while I do this?

Any help would be much appreciated..... thank you all

Welcome Leonardo, Welcome to the forum.

I have never worked on a Panasonic PLC, but in general terms when you download a program to a PLC the old one get overwritten, so you will have the new program running after that, no reset is necessary.

But I wonder what is the 2 recipe files you are referring to? :unsure:. It is a set of data to be transferred to the HMI?

May be somebody here will help you,

or better wait till the guy come back
or hunt for a "backup guy" for your needs.

Regards

Update and more confuddlement

OK, Bit of an update...... I decided to stop being a wuss, and downloaded the programme first, followed by the recipies..... ok, so after some messing about, I find 2 things... One is that the system does not behave the same way as the other machines we produce (the ones that had the programme downloaded by our holidaying software guy...)

One function seems to be missing.... So I had a brilliant idea, I would upload the programme from one of the functioning machines and put that into the new machine..... but when I tried to upload the programme, I got an error in general memory and could not upload it....

Also I get another message, saying that the PLC is different to the one that the PLC is different to the one that the programme was written for, DoI want to change the values.... I can do this, but then it fails to download.....

The PLC is the same as the others, they were all ordered together in the same batch and are the same... Panasonic FPX C14PD but for some reason this one is giving different size of memory and different version of FPX....

I copied the original programme and re-named it so that any of my messing about would not change the original programme on my PC... I can at least go back to the original if need be....

I wonder if the question remains.... is there a way of resetting the PLC memory back to factory default and clearing all registers? eeprom memory etc?

Just a thought and an update....

Last edited:
Response to Chavak

The recipie files are for..... something.. :)

I am not sure, just that my programmer says they need to be downloaded...... Not sure what they refer to or what they do....