omron plc

basharath

dear all,

which version of cx-one works wiith sysmac cpm2a 60cdra.

will i get the communication cable in the local market, if so what is the name.
or i will be getting it only from omron.

can any body give me the manuals for the mentioned model.
thanks!
please urgent.

which cable is used,,cx-one which version as there are many versions.

Section 4-2 of the CPM1/CPM2/SRM User Manual W353-E1-06 lists the different Communications Cables that you can use to talk to the different PLCs.

Stu....

syswin v.3.3 or cx-one which is easy to learn and opearate..as first time i am going to trouble shoot a omron plc CPM2A.

the cable i am taking is rs232
female 9 pin female 9 pin
2-------------------------2
3---------------------------3
5---------------------------5.

please correct me if i am wrong as i dont want to regret after going to site.
thanks.

syswin v.3.3 or cx-one which is easy to learn and opearate..as first time i am going to trouble shoot a omron plc CPM2A.

the cable i am taking is rs232
female 9 pin female 9 pin
2-------------------------2
3---------------------------3
5---------------------------5.

please correct me if i am wrong as i dont want to regret after going to site.
thanks.

In my experience, that probably will not work. Omron does not use standart RS-232 wiring on most of their PLCs. If you don't have paper manauls, go to their web site, and download the Operational Manual for the CPM2A. It should have the correct Communications Cable wiring listed.

Stu.....

thanks i got the cable pin diagram...

but the problem is i am not understanding the addresing concept in cx-programmer.

it is completely different from GE FANUC and allen bradley.I and Q or O.

will u please tell me how addressing is done for inputs outputs,and internal bits.i am using cpm2a with expansion units.

"it is completely different from GE FANUC and allen bradley.I and Q or O."
That's because it ISN'T GE or AB.
GE and AB addressing are also completely different!

RTFM
Section 5 in Manual W353 "CPM Series Programming".

đź““

Last edited:
i got the manual and got the adressing idea accept timers,what is TC ,IR,memory locations how to open them.

any sample program for understanding better.

thanks

The memory map in the CPM2A is predefined as outlined in section 5 of the manual.

IR MEMORY
IR Memory is used for inputs, outputs and work bits.
Inputs are mapped to 10 Words 000 through 009 OR 160 Bits 00000-00915.
Outputs are mapped to the next 10 words of IR memory 010 through 019 OR 160 Bits 01000-01915.
Work bits are located in words 020-049 and 200-227

As you add expansion I/O modules they consume a specific area in IR memory. Any IR I/O areas between 000-019 not consumed by physical I/O modules can also used can be used as internal work bits.

TC MEMORY
T[imer]/C[ounter]memory area. There can be a total of 256 timers or counters. Be warned that timers and counters CANNOT share the same TC number. You must use a different TC number for every TIMER or COUNTER. [See Limitations in 7-15-1 in manual]

Addressing IR Memory.
Initially users get easily confused about how to address IR areas in their programs. You DO NOT use the IR prefix. You simply use the IR Number.
To use a bit address IR 00000 you can type "00000" OR "0" OR "0.0" they all point to the same IR memory location.
Likewise to use a bit address IR 00100 you can type "00100" OR "100" OR "1.0".

Hope this helps, good luck.

thanks a lot ,i understood the addressing completely,credit goes to you bie n byte.(y)

but i am facing a problem..when i open the project file it is saying i/o table cannot open reinstall cx server..i re installed it 2 times but still.....i am using cx-pro 3.o and cx-ser 1.7.any help.
so that if i get IO table and units, then i can add some expansion units
thanks.

i am using 3 expansion units with cpm2a module..where should i declare them(i.e hardware configuration of expansion modules.).

cpm2A means cpm2* or cpm2*s* in device type.

thanks.

Last edited:
To repeat:- "The I/O memory allocations are predefined!"
You are clearly NOT studying/reading/understanding the manuals.

All the information on I/O allocation is thoroughly covered in section "5-2 I/O Allocation for CPM1/CPM1A/CPM2A PCs" of the manual.

đź““đź““đź““đź““
👨🏻‍🏫

i understood adressing of cpu as well expansion...o_O
my question is do we have to declare the model numbers of Expansion units(device not I/O) in CX programmer any where as we are declaring for cpu cpm2*...(or it reads them automatically) once connected.

in ge we declare all the expansion units(model numbers) or else it will say hardware config miss match.

as i am new my questions may sound silly to u but please bare.🍻🍻

To repeat for the last time:- "The I/O memory allocations are predefined!"
o_O

You do not have to declare anything!
As you connect each expansion unit to the base CPU it will use the next available memory areas.
Read the applications notes regarding "m+1" and "n+1" in 5-2-2.

Note m: “m” denotes the last input word allocated to the CPU Unit, or to the previous
Expansion Unit or Expansion I/O Unit if one is already connected.
n: “n” denotes the last output word allocated to the CPU Unit, or to the
previous Expansion Unit or Expansion I/O Unit if one is already connected.

:)