ascii programming

sruthi

Hi All,

Wanna know your suggestions and solutions to my problem!!

Actually i have 10 micrologix-1400 plc which should communicate with 10 serial modems in site with ASCII protocol.

So i've configured rslinx for both ethernet and rs232 devices . And rslogix 500 as channel 0-ASCII and channel 1-DH485

So now am able to communicate with rs232(ascii) and upload and download a program using ethernet.

But what i want to know is how can i program rslogix500 for this ascii protocol?is there any specific instruction set for that?how can i program ascii ?

I've read somewhere that we can program it using hyperterminal..is it so?if so pls can anybody help out soon?!

Do i do anything in rslogix500? or hyperterminal? or anything else?

Pls help me out i dont have any idea about ascii protocol and communication..and its urgent

Thanks in advance..!!

And as far as i know all Allen Bradley plc's do support ascii protocol...micrologix1400 definitely supports ASCII protocol that's for sure.

all i want to know is how is the programming done with ASCII and do i need to change any settings in rslogix or rslinx to communicate with ASCII protocol.

ASCII is not a communication protocol. It only determines the coding of the individual bytes. While there are control characters they are rarely used in a consistent manner. Typically an ASCII message is a series of printable characters. Many formats terminate a message with a carriage return which is decimal 13 or hex 0D. But this sequencing is set by each individual type of unit.