WinCC Flexible and Melsec Q Ethernet

desuhardi

Hello,

I need information about using wincc flexible with melsec-q ethernet, is it possible ?
Becuase when I saw wincc flexible 2008, it don't have connection with melsec-q ethernet.
The only one ethernet connection is modicon modbus tcp/ip and must select type of cpu.

Thanks

Iv'e never used win cc in it's modern form but if it can use opc or dde then there are a number of I/O servers you could use, one of the best I have come across is Kepserver, if this is the way you wish to go then you only need to set up a udp connection in the melsec then set up the server it's quite simple using the opc.
Not sure if siemens supply drivers for other plc manufacturers.

Thanks Parky for info.
I've seen Kepserver and its price in their web, but no information about how many tags can handle with kepserver.
Do you have information about this?

Iv'e never used win cc in it's modern form but if it can use opc or dde then there are a number of I/O servers you could use, one of the best I have come across is Kepserver, if this is the way you wish to go then you only need to set up a udp connection in the melsec then set up the server it's quite simple using the opc.
Not sure if siemens supply drivers for other plc manufacturers.

WinCC supports OPC for sure

Well the last project I did had over 15,000 tags so I'm sure it will handle a lot more never really thought about it.
You can download the full version from kepware it runs for 2 hours at a time without a license so you could test it & even get it all up & running before getting the licence.
I must admit after using it a number of times I'm very impressed, never seems to fall over & easy to use.
You can either configure the tags in the kepserver or in the win cc, all you need in kep is a channel & device set up with the communication protocol there is a good help file for each plc etc.
if you configure a few dummy tags then export them as comma delimited file, open it with excel then use the layout to import or configure the tags then import them into kepserver (useful if you have the tags exported from a plc file or scada.