PV 600 panelbuilder 32 screen overide

clank

👨🏻‍🏫 I have a PV600 that has a SLC504 that uses an interger N253:0 to overide current PV screen basically forces a particular screen to be displayed. Since I added another screen to this project this no longer happens. If I download original it works. Any thoughts? I also do not fully understand how this interger forces particular screen. I see in control tags there is a tag...pagee_forcee unsigned interger N253:0 but how does it accomplish forcing screens??
Thanks

See picture below.

If you can post your PV program ( zip it first) and tell us which is the new screen
maybe someone can spot something.

screencontrol.jpg

There is a good chance that the screen you added does not have a unique screen number assiged to it.
Regards Alan Case

Hi Alan
The screen does have unique #3 under properties. I will get my laptop and post tomorrow. Thanks guys

Hi Mickey
I still do not understand how PV knows to use interger N253:0 as screen override. When I put screen # in N253:0 screen stays on current page. But when I download original and put # in N253:0 then it goes to that page.
Thanks

Hi Mickey
I still do not understand how PV knows to use interger N253:0 as screen override. When I put screen # in N253:0 screen stays on current page. But when I download original and put # in N253:0 then it goes to that page.
Thanks

Clank:

That is set in the Application Settings under the Control Tags Tab. Have a look there.

Stu....

Hi Mickey
Thanks

The PV is reading the value in that tag each time it scans the PLC.
See picture below for what sthompson said.

We can't tell from here why it doesn't work after adding a screen. That's why I ask if you could post the program, somehow the tag got changed? Or deleted? Or you are writing to that address from the new screen? Or sometimes there is a status tag which writes back to the SLC to let it know the screen has been changed, check the status tags under application settings,it ( the SLC) may not recognize screen three or know what to do when it sees a value of three.All WAG on my part at this point.

It may also help if you can post your .RSS file ( the SLC5/04's program) again zip it first.

screenContrl.jpg

Last edited: