AB ControlLogix with SLC Remote Rack

Pyro_1

I am having trouble communicating with a 1747-ASB Module (series: A). I keep getting a PRC (partial rack communication) error on the 1747-ASB display screen. I am able to read inputs from the remote rack but cannot write outputs to the remote rack. I am trying to use a 1736-A13 (series: A) rack as a Remote I/O rack for a Control Logix controller (Logix 5555). I am using a 1756-DHRIO Card as my scanner and the 1747-ASB as my adaptor. It is a straight run for the cable, these are only the 2 cards on the circuit. Both have 150ohm end of line resistors. I have the Dip switches set up on the 1747-ASB as
SW1 - OFF ON ON ON ON ON ON ON
SW2 - ON OFF OFF ON ON OFF ON ON
SW3 - OFF ON OFF ON ON OFF ON ON

The remote rack is logical rack #40(octal)/#32(decimal).

Any help would be appreciated, and if you have any questions, please ask.

Thanks, Kyle.

The configuration in the 1756-DHRIO's channel scanlist has to match the configuration of the 1747-ASB adapter, so post a description or screenshot of how you've configured the scanner channel of the 1756-DHRIO.

Sometimes the Adapter objects give you useful information too.

SW1 - OFF ON ON ON ON ON ON ON
Rack number 40(oct), Starting Group 00.

SW2 - ON OFF OFF ON ON OFF ON ON
57.6 kb/s, Complementary Addressing, 14 Logical Groups

SW3 - OFF ON OFF ON ON OFF ON ON
Hold Last State, PRL Automatic Restart, Unrestricted Link Response, Not Last Chassis, 1-Slot Addressing, Discrete mode specialty modules, Keying Check Mode.

A 1746-A13 chassis has 12 addressable slots, so you need to change the number of Logical Groups from 14 to 12.

I would also change the Last Chassis setting and the Keying Check Mode.

If you have analog modules, se the Specialty Modules code for Block Transfer.

Some screenshots

Sorry this took so long I have been busy on other projects. Here are some screen shots of as much of the settings and menus for the 1756-dhrio card as I could.

Thanks for any help. I hope it isn't anything too obvious. Since this is my first time working with a setup like this it may be something simple.

Kyle.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

Your pictures from RSLogix5000 and RSLinx don't match. The RSLogix shows a Revision C Card, and the RSLinx shows a Revision B Card.

Ken is very good on this subject. Carefully check all your DIP Switches with the Manual, and head Ken's advice.

Stu.....

Last edited: