Panelbuilder32 and PLC5

Prozac

Hi everybody…
This is my first time using the enhanced PLC 5 controller with a touch screen panel view 550.
I have problems to associate addresses with tags in the tag editor.
PUT_BIT è I:001/4 (discrete Input card on the slot 01)
GET_BIT è O:002/11 (discrete Output card on the slot 02)
When I want to download the screen to the PV I get this error message:
Error (9075) – [Tag:pUT_BIT] Tag does not have a valid address in the terminals assigned Discrete Rack or Block Transfer Channels.
Error (9075) – [Tag:GET_BIT] Tag does not have a valid address in the terminals assigned Discrete Rack or Block Transfer Channels.
Thanks for interesting.

One of the reasons to post the PanelView part number (or program) is to determine which network protocol it uses.

If the PanelView is equipped with Remote I/O, you address the PanelView's own Rack Object. The error messages you posted are characteristic of the RIO version of the PanelView.

If the PanelView is equipped with DF1 or DH+ or ControlNet or EtherNet/IP you can address the I/O database of the PLC-5 controller, as you've described.

Last edited: