Slc 500 memory module cat no 1747-m13

urvinder_pal

Hello,

i have installed the above memory modules in two slc 5/05 plcs at work but two of the same plcs will no let me store the program to the eprom

the error that i get is that memory is write protected. I have tried two different memory modules new from the package but as soon as i try to load the program on the module it would show that the module is write protected and is not installed whereas actually it is present. Can someone suggest me something.

Processor details: 1747 - l552 os 501 series a

module details: 1747- m13 ser a rev a

regards

kanwar

Hello,

i have installed the above memory modules in two slc 5/05 plcs at work but two of the same plcs will no let me store the program to the eprom

the error that i get is that memory is write protected. I have tried two different memory modules new from the package but as soon as i try to load the program on the module it would show that the module is write protected and is not installed whereas actually it is present. Can someone suggest me something.

regards

kanwar

Have you got the jumpers set correctly per the Installation Instructions?

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/in/1747-in010_-mu-p.pdf

Stu.....

Hello,

regards

kanwar

A bit confusing.....

How does it show the module is write protected and is not installed at the same time ? Kinda a contradiction ?

How are you trying to burn the eeprom ?

Are you sure they were New In Box Factory Sealed ?

Post some screen shots

The memory module was sealed in the origina; box . I first put the eprom into the PLC and then downloaded the program into the PLC. Then when i do the comm> eprom> store to eprom , sometimes the error i am getting is memory write protected and sometimes the error is that no memory module present.

kanwar

Another point to emntion is that i tried storing the same program to SLC 5/03 instead os SLC 5/05 and i still get the same error.

thanks

kanwar

Hello,

regards

kanwar

Unless you are sure the memory module isn't being written to, don't be too concerned about the error message. I have the same problem with a few SLC processors. RSLogix produces an error message after progamming, but the program was actually burnt to the EEPROM.

Back-up your program and clear the memory using the pin-shorting routine. Power up the PLC and I bet it will reload the program off the EEPROM.

You need to set the appropriate bit/flag to get the plc to load from eeprom

And i have blown hundreds of slc eeproms, never ever had those error massages since the slc began.

Is it because its a series A eeprom ? AB do a pdf of the compatibilty of the eeprom modules to processors, cant find it at present though ! If your lucky Mickey will see this and post the pdf !

Last edited:
You need to set the appropriate bit/flag to get the plc to load from eeprom

And i have blown hundreds of slc eeproms, never ever had those error massages since the slc began.

Is it because its a series A eeprom ? AB do a pdf of the compatibilty of the eeprom modules to processors, cant find it at present though ! If your lucky Mickey will see this and post the pdf !

See link below, it's the only thing I can find where it talks about different series. I didn't know the memory modules themselves had different series.

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/in/1747-in010_-mu-p.pdf

Last edited: