Array Tags.

NoName

Hello guys.

I want to know how array tags,work.I've read the help in Protool and I don't understand how they work.So if someone would explain it to me in a more simplyfied way i would realy apreciate it.

Basicly I've got this problem. :(
I've got 3 screens,where I enter a specific value in to the input field.
So let's say that I enter the number 30 in the first input field in the first screen. The problem accours when I want to enter let's say 40 in an input field in screen 2,beacouse it changes the value that I have entered in the first screen.So ofcourse it does the same in the third screen. :rolleyes:

So that is why i staded my first question.I thought that I would solve this problem with array tags but it doesn't work(i don't know how to configure it).
If anyone knows another solution for this problem,please tell it to me.

Thank you,and I hope that you understand my problem.

It sounds like you need to set up a pointer. I have never used Protool but I maybe able to give you some ideas. An array can be thought of as an "egg carton". The egg carton has a tag name, lets call it "Carton".
The egg carton contains 12 slots or pockets and each one can hold some type of information. These pockets are also labeled "Carton [0] through Carton [11]".
If you wanted to place information into slot 0 in "Carton" you would have to point to that slot. So for your entry field on the first screen you would have to reference "Carton [0]", Screen 2 would reference "Carton [1], ect. I hope this has helped.

Last edited:
NoName

Did you copy and paste the inputs field from the first screen onto the second and third?

Where does each one write to in the PLC?

It sounds to me (I am only guessing) that you have not declared a new tag for each input field, you are using the same tag for each field or you have each tag pointing at the same area in the PLC.

I have not used any input fields in any of my projects (yet!), only output fields, well, apart from Z_LOGON, Z_PASSW and Z_PASSLEVEL.

Paul

RDay: Thakns for the reply,I kinda' got the picture what array tags are.

PLucas:You guessed right.The same tag is in the 1st,2nd,3rd screen.I know that this is the reason that the values change.
Here's the tricky part.This value wich is enterd is then transfered to a 3 Comparataors(Compare Integer for equal to).Wich looks like this
Network 5
L MW 1
L 30
==I
= M 125.3

Network 6
L MW 1
L 40
==I
= M 125.4

Network 7
L MW 1
L 50
==I
= M 125.5

What I wanted to do is, that when you switch screen's that another value would be entered there and that it would be stored there.But beacouse the same tag is used on each screen that doesn't work.If i would change the tag on the scenod screen,i would have to do create another 3 networks like those up there,just the input would be diffrent.Instead of MW1 it would be MW2.

>>>So would array tags work or do I have to create the same networks with diferent inputs? Or is there another way to work this out?

Last edited:
If im guessing right you want to evaluate which screen you seclected on the op in the plc. If thats the case you can you the screen number area pointer. Saxed from the protool help file.

Screen number
In this data area the operating unit stores information on the current screen. You can evaluate this information in the PLC program to call another screen, for example.

Klaus said:
If im guessing right you want to evaluate which screen you seclected on the op in the plc. If thats the case you can you the screen number area pointer. Saxed from the protool help file.

Screen number
In this data area the operating unit stores information on the current screen. You can evaluate this information in the PLC program to call another screen, for example.

I'll look in to this. This might help.
Keep the information commin' :)
Thanks.