MsComm Control in Citect

captain_is

Does anyone know how to use the MSComm control with citect to send values over the serial port?

I did something like this in Cicode:

FUNCTION
test()
_OBJECTSetProperty(ObjectByName("AN37"),"PortOpen", 1);

_OBJECTSetProperty(ObjectByName("AN37"),"Output", 0x52);
END

And i associated this function with a buton, but i see nothing happens.. i don't use ComWrite function because i need to send hex values not ascii..
Any ideea for my problem..

Thanks in advance!

Does anyone know how to use the MSComm control with citect to send values over the serial port?

I did something like this in Cicode:

FUNCTION
test()
_OBJECTSetProperty(ObjectByName("AN37"),"PortOpen", 1);

_OBJECTSetProperty(ObjectByName("AN37"),"Output", 0x52);
END

And i associated this function with a buton, but i see nothing happens.. i don't use ComWrite function because i need to send hex values not ascii..
Any ideea for my problem..

Thanks in advance!

Sorry i didnt see this before.
You can send hex values over ComWrite(). Just use StrSetChar() to build up your databuffer that you pass into ComWrite().

eg
STRING senddata;
StrSetChar(senddata,0,15);

places x0FH into the 1st byte on the Senddata STRING buffer.