Connection between MicroLogix 1100 and ControlLogix

Forrest

I have a new MicroLogix 1100 and I am now trying to setup connection between it and our existing system with ControlLogix so that the new ML1100 can be monitored by existing system. At first, I tried to setup Ethernet to connect them but I found that this ML1100 cannot support real time I/O scanning on Ethernet. Is there any other method to solve my problem?

For example, if the new system with ML1100 detect the high water level, then activate the system alarm and alarm information will send to main system.

Hi, I can send a integer value from my micrologix to another controller. Another question is that can I send a bit value? For example, if high water alarm on, then B3:1/1 will be energized. Can I send it to another controller using MSG instruction?

Hi, I can send a integer value from my micrologix to another controller. Another question is that can I send a bit value? For example, if high water alarm on, then B3:1/1 will be energized. Can I send it to another controller using MSG instruction?

When you setup the message instruction in the Controllogix, you will be receiving at least one full word from the Micrologix, something such as B3:0. So, you can either use all 16 bits from the work together (which would be the integer value you are speaking of, or you can use it bit by bit, such as B3:0/0, B3:0/1....etc.