matrikon modbus opc server

diat150

Lifetime Supporting Member
anybody have experience with matrikon opc server products? I am looking at using one for a huge project that will have approximately 500 rtu's and about 25k total data points. Just wondering if someone has used matrikon on a large project like this. Id hate to find out mid project that it doesnt react well to that many tags! Ill only be polling each device approximately every 15-30 minutes.

Ill probably try and use the high end OPC-UA modbus server.

diat150,

You should have no problem with that especially if you are going to poll each device every 15 min. Just a heads up, if the Modbus network is a little unreliable, noisy, or slow, I suggest looking at the SCADA Modbus version.

Hope this is helpful.

Wassim Daoud
Global Solutions Architect
www.MatrikonOPC.com