Red Lion G308 Logging Question

Peat

Hey guys,
I am using Crimson 3 to program a G308. My question concerns the naming of the data logging .csv files.

I want to create a coded file name based on 4 inputs from the touch screen.

The four variables will change and want to just log the data for that cycle.

The code will be such as WWWXXXYYYZZZ. I wanted to know if it is possible to change the name of the csv automatically based on those variables.

Thank you for you help.

I don't think you can control the file naming of the built in data logs.

There's no reason you can't create your own logging programs.

There are commands to create directories and create files, so that you can name them as you wish.

If you create a custom log file and put it in the /logs/ directory, then you can still access them through the web interface.

After looking at the documentation further I did notice that the logs default to YYMMDDhh.csv format.

I might play around with the function RenameFile(FILE, "name) and see if I can modify the name to what the customer wants.

Thanks for your help. Will post with what I came up with when done.

You will need to use OpenFile ("NAME", Mode) to get the file Handle which is a number that you'll use with the Rename function.

Example:

Handle:=OpenFile("10011308.CSV",0); //Open file read only...not sure if read only mode will work for the rename function
RenameFile (Handle, NEWNAME); //NEWNAME is a CString built based on the datalog configuration.
CloseFile(Handle);

I think you may run into trouble if the logger is still using that file. It may create another one the next time it triggers. I am sure one of the Red Lion gurus will see this thread and correct any mistakes or doubts we have about this.

Peat,

OkiePC is corrrect in that you can't alter the way the logger names its files. If you wish to do custom naming you will have to create your own logger.

In order to use the rename function you will need to know the name of the file, which would probably be your biggest hurdle.

Thanks
Jeremy