FTME, Parameters!

lostcontrol

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello,
We have an application that we now have to convert to FTME. What we have currently, is 3x identical machines, each with its own devices.
On the current HMI, we have a common screen for the machine overview, & also a single popup. These are all dynamically addressed at runtime, using some text substitutions etc.

We are looking at the best way to do this in FTME. We are confident with parameter files etc, but how can we 'nest' this, so that we can still only have 1x Base screen, & a single type of popup?
What would be ideal, is that paramter #1 could be the machine no, then #2 could be the index into the correct tag.

Any ideas?

I don't think there is a way to do this though would love to be proven wrong. (How hard could it be to offer a system call that would get the nodename?? You'd use this in a powerup script and be done)